Community Reinvestment Area
On April 20th, 2021 - Clyde City Council passed Ordinance 2021-23 that allows the City to set up a city wide abatement program for residential (new homes and refurbishing existing homes), along with new retail, commercial and industrial expansions or creating new business. This abatement is known as a CRA or Community Reinvestment Area.
With growing communities around us, Clydescope EDC believes that this can and will be an economic draw allowing us to improve the marketability of Clyde. It will also enable us to compete for new jobs and retain existing jobs within Clyde.
The goals of the City would be to:
- Create opportunities for new housing developments, quality retail, commercial/office and industrial developments, and the redevelopment of underutilized, marginal land and buildings.
- Retain existing businesses and promote the strategic regional and location advantages of the City for future development.
- Identify opportunities to maintain and expand the our tax base and, in time, reduce the burden to existing homeowners and businesses.
- Attract private investment for retail and commercial expansion and development;
- Improve the appearance of the downtown area, including gateways, and promote tourism by exploiting the rich history and heritage that has made Clyde what it is, enabling us to enjoy today and pass it on to future generations.
- Bring a greater quality of life to our community and citizens while promoting our outstanding public, parochial and private schools.
For more specific information about the CRA and how it may benefit you, please refer to the documents on this page or contact us using the information is available on the forms or using the information on this site.